1. Protect and also Weatherproof! One of the most efficient A/C system in the world can not offset an inadequately insulated home. Drafty door and window seals as well as under-insulated attic rooms and also outside walls can cause your A/C to function double-time aiming to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (HVAC) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making wise choices regarding your house's A/C system can have a huge effect on your utility bills-- and also your convenience.
3. Heating and air conditioning prices represent almost half the home's total power costs. If your air conditioning system is more than 10 years old, changing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency version might cut your air conditioning prices by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioning conditioners have a higher seasonal power performance ratio (SEER) than standard versions, that makes them about 14% extra effective than standard versions. The higher the SEER, the better the effectiveness. Because sizing and also appropriate installation of a central air conditioning system are essential to energy performance as well as home convenience, it is essential to work with a qualified technician.
5. Heat pumps that get the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal power efficiency proportion (SEER) and heating seasonal efficiency element (HSPF) compared to basic versions, which makes them regarding 8% percent extra efficient compared to conventional brand-new models as well as 20% extra efficient than just what you could already have in your house.
6. Gas heaters getting approved for refunds have yearly gas utilization effectiveness (AFUE) scores of 92%, or greater, making them up to 15% more effective compared to typical models. One in four furnaces in U.S. houses today is greater than Twenty Years old. Certifying gas heaters make use of innovative technology to deliver higher efficiency than basic new furnaces available today.
7. High-efficiency cooling and heating equipment gotten approved for the BGE refund meet or exceed the U.S. Epa's ENERGY STAR ® needs for item performance.
8. When is it time to replace your central heating and cooling system?
When your devices needs frequent fixings as well as your energy costs are raising.
When your heat pump or air conditioning system here is more than 10 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a newer, a lot more energy reliable devices that meets the Smart Energy Savers Program discount effectiveness degrees
When your heating system is more than 15 years of ages. Consider changing it with a newer, extra energy-efficient furnace that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program refund performance levels.
9. Although these items can be much more pricey to purchase in advance, the cost difference will certainly be paid back over time with lower energy costs. Be sure to ask your specialist about Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Air conditioning Rebates which can dramatically help reduce the difference in rate between conventional and also high-efficiency products.
10. Proper upkeep could go a long way in preventing future cooling and heating system troubles. Ask your contractor about annual pre-season examinations. Service providers frequently get extremely active throughout summer and winter months, so it's a smart idea to inspect the air conditioning system in the springtime and also the furnace in the fall.